Do I get my wages when I am sick?

If you work in a private household in Austria and are paid with Dienstleistungsschecks (service vouchers), you are still entitled to sick leave benefits. Your employer is required to purchase accident and liability insurance for you, which covers sickness and injury.

If you become sick or injured and can't work, you should let your employer know as soon as possible and provide a medical certificate from your doctor. Your employer must then report your sickness to the social security system and continue paying your salary for a certain time as stated in your employment contract.

After a specific number of days, you might be eligible for sick leave benefits from the Austrian social security system. You will need to provide a medical certificate and other necessary documents to apply for sick leave benefits.